Friday, May 7, 2010

The Book Thief

Dianne recommended this book for me ages ago and i've finally read it. It's really impressive. I didn't think i would like it because it's set in Nazi Germany and the narrator is Death. But it's got beautiful characters & death gave me warning about who would die, so i was prepared. It's fictional, but reminded me of Anne Frank. The author is australian and did a lot of research, so all the more impressive. It's rare I like "literature", most of the time it's not enjoyable. But I think everyone should read this....let's see ****1/2. I'm only deducting half a star because of the sadness, but it would be unrealistic otherwise.
I've got a few books at home to read, but i'm obsessed with sudoku at the moment, so that's filling in my reading time:)

No comments:

Post a Comment